Saturday 9 November 2013

Stelbid

Ok, so I have tried Stelbid a few times, on an as need basis, and noticed that it didn't really do anything for me. Let me give you some information on Stelbid.

Firstly you cannot buy Stelbid in Australia. My father picked some up for me from India.

The ingredients include Isopropamide Iodide and Trifluoperazine and is largely used for gastrointestinal disorders.

Isopropamide is an anticholinergic which block the neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the brain. Pretty much they help reduce spasms in the gut.

Trifluoperazine is an antiphsychotic that blocks receptors in the brain's dopamine pathways and also act on serotonin receptors. So this I guess helps with the pain levels and emotional side of things related to the gut.

My doctor informed me to just take as a need to basis. So when I was feeling bad I should take the medicine. So I tried that about 4-5 times and noticed no improvement in symptoms.

It has been a while since I have given you an update on symptoms. Currently I am still in pain everyday, mainly mornings and evenings, but the afternoons get their fair share of pain at times. So basically, have I improved much? I would say no. Although my diet does help a little, I am not close to being cured.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment