Sunday 15 September 2013

Foods to Avoid

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd just give a bit of an update. So the website www.ibs-experiment.com now has a forum so we can all share our stories and treatments. I'll implement soon on the website a Recipes page. Some good recipes that are gentle on the digestive tract. Feel free to share some of your recipes as well. Am more than happy to put them onto my website.

I'm finding Gut Relief to be quite good. Although I still get pain and discomfort everyday the overall intensity has seemed to lessen a bit. Hopefully by summer I'll be much better and will be able to actually enjoy my summer. Haven't been to the beach in ages!

So yeah, back to topic. Thought I'd mention foods that I avoid.

Red meats
Alcohol
Caffeine
Fried foods
Chilly foods
As much sugar as a can because it feeds bad bacteria. I can't resist so I do eat a little chocolate, but only a spoon of Nutella from time to time.
Lentils
Cabbage
If I eat fruit I only eat a little at a time, such as half an apple instead of the full apple
Processed foods such as packet pasta

Basically what most of it comes down to is that I never eat a large amount of one item in one sitting. For example a pasta dish, I'll have a little pasta with a decent amount of vegetables and salad. This rule I've given for myself seems to be helping. It helps to avoid those crazy horrific pain attacks.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment