Friday 14 February 2014

Leaky Gut Syndrome, Damaged Microvilli, Magnesium Deficient, Parasites

Ok, so recently, a few days ago, I went to see a different naturopath. Although my previous naturopath was good after following her guidance for 4-5 months I noticed no improvement so figured time to move on.

I have an aunty who went through something similar to myself when she was in her 20's for 10 years. She recommend I go see her naturopath. She claims her naturopath cured her. So I decided to give it a go.

This naturopath was extremely busy. Managed to get an earlier appointment due to a cancellation, otherwise I would have to wait over a month to see her. She is also very expensive, but hey, if I get better it will be all worth it.

During the appointment she was very professional and explained everything. She had a look at my iris and even showed me a chart similar to this:


Through her analysis she found that I could possibly still have parasites that were not detected previously, that I have leaky gut syndrome where my microvilli are damaged and that I am magnesium deficient.

Here is a great article explaining Leaky Gut Syndrome:
http://scdlifestyle.com/2010/03/the-scd-diet-and-leaky-gut-syndrome/

So she has given me some magnesium supplements to take twice daily, some slippery elm capsules to make sure it hits the gut and a composition of mixed liquid herbs that is, well, disgusting. But if it's that digusting its gotta be good for you right? She also gave a time frame of 3 months like they all do, so am a little skeptical.

If she is correct with this diagnosis that would explain a lot that other practitioners have failed to provide explanation for. So fingers crossed that this works.

Extra note. In regards to the magnesium deficiency, I did recently get a blood test which showed no signs of a magnesium deficiency, however, she mentioned that pathology can only test levels from the blood stream and not levels from the blood in the muscle where magnesium is pivotal. The deficiency she noticed from the muscle, not the blood stream.

So I guess I will see how things are in three months time. I have slight hope, but of course, because I have done so many treatments now, I am not expecting much.

5 comments:

  1. any progress? I'd like to know how to heal microvilli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there. I believe that overall there has been some reduction in overall pain levels. I would say that the naturopathy treatment has helped to an extent, but perhaps it is still early days. Usually these sorts of treatments take over 3 to 4 months to show some results. So yes, some positive results have been obtained, however, further improvement is required.

      I hope that this answer helps :)

      Kind regards.

      Delete
  2. Hi Shikkha it sounds like I have the same isses that you have. I've been to two naturopath already, just wondering how was the protocol of your last naturopath went?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jazmine,

      I still am taking the naturopathic remedy daily and I believe it has been contributing to my improvement. I still get symptoms but they are more manageable, much more so that I am back at work working part time hours. The components of the remedy includes
      - Gentian
      - Worm wood
      - Melissa
      - Mentha
      - Matricaria

      My naturopath does supply remedies to patients overseas. It may take some time to arrange a first appointment with her as she has many patients (up to 3 months), then after that depending on the illness you have appointments with her approx. once a month via phone conference.

      This link will give you details of her number and address (she is in Melbourne Australia).
      http://www.whereis.com/vic/coburg-3058/yellowId-12745087

      Furthermore this post give further information of the treatment I am undergoing that I believe is helping me, which includes a combination of naturopathy, diet and conventional medicine. Unfortunately fixing this problem is a bit of trail and error.
      http://shikzblog.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/light-at-end-of-tunnel.html

      Also, please make sure to go to your doctor and get necessary tests done incase there is something more serious going on.

      I hope I have helped, and hope your road to recovery is a speedy one.

      Kind regards,
      Shikha

      Delete
    2. Hi Jazmine,

      Forgot to mention that the remedy comes in liquid form in a glass bottle and you only take about 10mg per day. I mix the 10mg of remedy with some water. So it isn't too bad. Quite easy to swallow.

      Kind regards,
      Shikha

      Delete